1/23/2011

Time is too precious

Time is the biggest mindfuck of all.

When you want it to go fast, it slows to a snail's pace and when you want it to slow down, it shoots by, leaving you in the smoke...

I hate the fact that weekends blow by so fast. It means I have to book in... Haix...

And booking in to Helldon camp is gonna be a pain in the ass, amongst other body parts. It sucks to be me. Seriously. Most NSFs go through their toughest times in BMT, then they pass out. Some of them get posted to units that are quite active, so they have to be in camp from Monday to Friday, with some nights out thrown in. Others get posted to units that let you book out everyday, like a 8 to 5. But the common characteristics amongst all these people is that their lives are generally slack, or at least not as bad as BMT.

Mine sucks. I'm a 3rd Sgt, and I still get treated like dog shit. I'll book in today and will book out next Saturday...even then, camp will mindfuck you by dragging your bookout time, so I am mentally prepared for a late night bookout on Saturday.

On top of that, being the first few weeks in camp, they are gonna literally make our lives hell...

Haix.

Sometimes I wonder if all this is worth it. Will it be better if I just get posted out to some camp outside where the life is SOOO much better? Money wont be as much, but at least I will feel like I have some sort of freedom. But I know I wont let myself do that... And that is the dilemma. I want to quit, but I wont let myself.

I'm not a kengster. Dont get me wrong. I can take the physical pain, the trainings and all... But its the fact that we book out so late and have so little time for families and friends that is getting to me. Time is way too precious.

Every second of bookout counts... Every second that passes is another second closer to bookin...

Everyone of my campmates are freaking terrified of camp... Of booking in...

But I guess we have no choice.

Haix. Its only for 1 year and 10 months. I've already finished 6 months... Another 16 more to go...

I should stop now and start packing up for camp...

Wasted 10 minutes writing this out... DAMMIT!!!