1/28/2012

Dusting off the cobwebs...

Wow... Its been close to 11 months since ANYTHING went up on my blog.

I thought I was the one who wasnt blogging any more, but it seems like almost everyone I know doesnt blog anymore, which is kinda sad.

Maybe with Facebook and Twitter, people feel  that blogging isn't as popular as it used to be.

Well, I for one intend on carrying on blogging on a regular basis, starting from today. But first an update on what's been happening in my life.

My last post was right before I became an Operational Commando. Ever since then, I've been living life as an ops soldier, training, planning missions, preparing for ATEC in Thailand next month. For those of you who dont know, ATEC is an acronym for Army Training Evaluation Center.

It's like the finals exam of our Army life, to assess our standard. It's also where they will decide which unit will win the coveted Best Combat Unit award. Commandos have been winning for 28 years now, so pressure's on us to make it 29!

But that's just my Army life...


I'm also a writer in an online magazine started by my friends called FLIPSIDE MAGAZINE. It's a magazine that covers all aspects of life; lifestyle, health and food amongst others. I have yet to submit my article, but I have a lot of ideas on what to write, so watch out for my articles!


In other news, it's the year 2012, and it's a year of change for me. For one, I'm going to ORD (Finish my National Service) in 3 - 4 months!

After that, I'm back to my own life again! One hadn I'm happy that I regain my freedom, but on the other I can honestly say that I'll miss my Army days. There were some bad days, but the company of friends you have makes every single day worth it. I'm going to miss all those crazy stupid things we do everyday, shouting at each other, playing with each other, competing, fighting missions...

Well, I have to focus on getting my life into high gear again. Got a lot of things planned this year, so watch this space, my Facebook and Twitter for more updates!