7/21/2009

Movie Magic

Movie Magic....

What happens behind the scenes at the movies?

I dont mean 'Lights, Camera and Action.'

I mean at the MOVIES....

Popcorn, Silver Screen, Movie Premieres, Opening Night, Box Office and the ever faithful Candy Counter that has serviced our sweet tooth with its mouth-watering, eye dazzling sight for many years....

I've always wondered what really happens behind the screen...

What happens from the moment you enter a cinema, to when you buy the tickets, to the moment you step up to the candy bar to order your sweets, to when you sit down and watch the blockbuster to the moment you step back out into sunlight and reality?

What goes into all these to make it happen?

A lot... trust me.

I've only worked at the Candy Counter for 2 days, but I can tell you that it takes at least 30 people to run a cinema effectively to bring you a seamless experience.

From the Box Office staff, to the ushers who tear your tickets to the candy counter staff (Thank you!) to the projectionist to the cleaners.

From the moment you enter the cinema, to the moment you leave, its a mad rush behind the screens and counters to bring you the most seamless experience ever....

Now I'm part of that magic... And I haven't even gotten to best part yet...

Friday night openings....

Woots! Im just waiting for Friday Night...