10/27/2009

No More Free Movies!

Haix.

Yep.

I just resigned from work yesterday. With attachment coming up and my 'record' at workplace, I felt it was better if I left while I still was on good terms with everybody... Funny how on your last day everyone suddeny starts talking to you in a more friendly way.

Is it cos your leaving? Or you just finally managed to break down the walls and start making friends? I don't know. But I enjoyed my last day there.

Gonna miss:
The Free Movies
The Unlimited supply of Coke
The Candy Bar
Making popcorn
Walking through empty peaceful halls at night
Shining flashlights into people's faces
Walkie Talkies
The People
Joking around
Sneaking people in
Getting caught for sneaking people in
The excitment of everything going horribly wrong

Spent the last few hours trudging through the stairwells... The exits are honestly the most quietest places I've ever been in. No noise, no people... Maybe just the faint thump of gunfire going off in one hall, and the Indian songs in another but other than that, it is amazingly quiet.

I'll sit there in the dark for like ten minutes, just resting... Then the walkie crackles and I have to go... Lol...

GV Yishun might be the most crappiest cinema in the North, maybe even Singapore...

But its been my sole source of joy for countless years... From Jurassic Park: Lost World (The Theatre was brand new then) to The Hurt Locker, I've watched 90% of all my movies there...

And as I changed out of my uniform one last time, as I cleaned out my locker and walked out of the staff room and punched out in the syrup room before walking into the Manger's office to return my stuff. As I walked into my last free movie and sat down in my seat, I knew that no matter how crappy this place was... I was still gonna come back for countless years to come..

For the very same reason I've been going there for countless years...


It is still the only goddamn cinema within 5 Km of my house...


-Mr Yoji-